A beautiful carven sign depicting an arrow crossed with a crossbow bolt hangs over this shop’s door. Ornate wood carvings of various animals—wolves, bears, falcons and more—decorate the building’s frontage.
Inside, Panu Laukkanen and his son and daughter craft innumerable bolts and arrows for Dunstone’s hunters and garrison. Arrows & Bolts is widely acknowledged as the best bowyer/fletcher in Dunstone, and Panu is not a stranger to crafting strange or expensive ammunition for adventurers. A steady trickle of such folk visit this establishment.
- Panu Laukkanen (NG middle-aged male human fighter 3) lost his left hand a decade ago in the Mottled Spire—he doesn’t like to talk about it—but can still work. He has a wide range of specially adjusted tools which enable him to continue his craft, and even owns a bronze hand shaped to hold a bow. Panu remains an excellent archer.
- Ossi Laukkanen (NG male human fighter 1) enjoys the day to day routine of creating things with his hands. He is a good bowyer, but loves wood carvings; it is his work that decorates the shop front. Ossi is pleasant and welcoming, but defers to this father in most matters.
- Elimia Laukkanen (NG female human fighter 2) chaffs at the day to day work of a bowyer/fletcher and dreams of spending time in the “northern wilds”. Her father is set against her dream, and thus far she has indulged him.Soon, however, her adventure-lust will grow impossible to resist.
- Special Ammunition: Word reaches the characters that Panu has some special arrows and bolts for sale. These could include silvered weapons along with more esoteric weaponry—perhaps blunt or whistling arrows—or even a consignment of elf-wrought bows or dwarf-built crossbows.
- Adventurous Daughter: When they visit Arrows & Bolts, the characters encounter Elimia. She begs to join the party if they are heading north and enthusiastically offers to demonstrate her skill with a bow. Panu makes it abundantly clear he holds the characters collectively responsible for her wellbeing, if they let her join the group.